Summer is a time to travel. Many take trains, buses, boats and airplanes to get to their destinations. One simple mood of transport is through books. Jump in to these middle grade summer reads and let them take you where they will. Happy Summer Reading!!!
- Morgy’s Musical Summer by Maggie Lewis
A boy sent to music camp encounters a bully.
- Ask My Mood Ring How I feel by Diarna Lopez
A young girl finds out her mother has cancer and discovers many lessons in the journey to helping her.
- The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall
A widowed father and his four daughters has an adventured filled summer.
- The Treasure of Maria MaMoun by Michelle Chalfoun
A girl from the Bronx has an island adventure filled with mystery.
- The Tortilla Sun by Jennifer Cervantes
A twelve-year-old girl spends her summer in New Mexico and learns new things about herself.
- Willows VS. Wolverines by Alison Cherry
A girl at summer camp invents a prankster sibling to gain popularity and her neglected best-friend reveals the truth.
- The Classy Crooks Club by Alison Cherry
A summer with grandmother turns out to be a lot more exciting than one expects.
- Summerlost by Ally Condie
A young girl deals with grief while spending her summer at a Shakespearean theater festival.